Are you still stuck in the rut of spending endless hours on repetitive tasks? Do you manually enter data or double-check your work for grammatical errors?
Say goodbye to these tedious and mundane tasks. AI productivity tools are revolutionizing the way we work. These machine-learning tools automate time-consuming tasks, freeing up your valuable time for meaningful work.
The recent surge in artificial intelligence means there are plenty of AI tools at our disposal. But with so many AI tools on the market, how do you know which is best for you? And how do they compare?
This article examines the different types of AI tools available and how they can ramp up your productivity. We also list the six best AI tools for productivity in 2024.
What are AI productivity tools?
AI productivity tools are apps powered by artificial intelligence. They learn how you work by (what’s called) machine learning and natural language processing. The best part is that these tools learn and adapt over time, making them more efficient the more you use them.
AI productivity tools can automate a wide range of routine tasks, organize information, make suggestions, help you write emails, and handle customer service via chatbots.
Think of AI productivity tools like an MIT graduate assistant who never sleeps and anticipates your every ask.
Types of AI productivity tools
Let’s look at some common types of AI productivity tools and how they can make everyday tasks easier.
Task automation tools
AI algorithms automate repetitive tasks, freeing time for more creative or complex work.
For example, a graphic designer could use an AI-powered tool that automatically edits images to certain specifications. This way, they don’t have to spend hours resizing and formatting images.
Virtual assistants (VAs)
VAs can organize your calendar, set up meetings, or prepare a to-do list based on your schedule. Some VAs can even send emails on your behalf (in your tone).
Imagine you're juggling multiple social media projects where the VA can do your social media posts for you.
Email management tools
Email management software organizes your inbox, prioritizing important messages and filtering out spam or less-urgent emails.
You can train these tools to automatically sort your emails into folders based on the subject or who it's from, making it easier to manage your busy inbox.
Data analysis and reporting tools
AI analytics tools automatically collect information from different sources and turn heaps of data into easy-to-understand reports and visualizations. They do so by sifting through data to find meaningful insights and patterns.
A marketing analyst might use AI to process marketing data to find consumer behavior trends, which they can then use to tailor their marketing strategies.
Project management tools
AI enhances project management by tracking the progress of tasks. It can also predict timelines, allocate resources, and facilitate collaboration, helping you keep projects on track.
Chatbots and customer support tools
AI-powered chatbots give instant human-like interactions to customers, 24/7.
Using AI virtual agents can lower the cost of customer support by as much as 30%. They can also handle 80% of routine tasks and customer questions.
Scheduling and calendar tools
AI apps can coordinate across calendars (think Outlook and Google Calendars) to manage appointments and meetings automatically.
Content creation tools
Content creation tools can generate many forms of content, from written text like blog articles to visuals for social media.
Machine intelligence can make content creators' jobs much more manageable. AI tools can produce the high-quality content they need with the correct input and expertise.
Benefits of AI productivity tools
There are a wide range of benefits to having artificial intelligence tools help you with your everyday tasks. At the top of the list:
- Efficiency and speed: AI tools process information and complete tasks faster than humans.
- Automation of repetitive tasks: AI-driven analysis helps teams make faster, more informed decisions.
- Enhanced decision-making: Accurate data and AI-driven analysis help teams make faster, more informed decisions.
- Fewer errors: Because of the precision of AI and machine learning, there’s less chance of manual errors.
- Personalization: Machine learning adapts to your needs and how you behave. The more you use an AI tool, the more it'll learn what you are asking it to do.
- Scalability: As your businesses grow, AI-driven tools can help you scale. AI can manage increased workloads without an increase in costs or resources.
- 24/7 operations: AI tools don’t need breaks, sleep, or vacations. They can work around the clock, 365 days a year.
- Cost savings: Using AI tools can significantly reduce costs by reducing manual labor hours.
6 best AI tools for productivity 2024
We’ve found the best productivity tools powered by AI to enhance your team’s efficiency in 2024.
Best for: Individuals and teams with busy schedules.
Type of AI tool: AI-powered productivity tool integrating calendar, project management, and meeting scheduler.
By intelligently automating scheduling and task management, Motion is an excellent choice if you're looking to improve your overall efficiency.
The biggest draw of Motion is its AI-powered scheduling, which aligns tasks, deadlines, and meetings across teams. It makes sure meetings are held at the best possible time, taking into account everyone's availability.
- Integrates scheduling and communication.
- AI-driven scheduling for optimal meeting times.
- Shared tasks and timelines improve project visibility.
- User-friendly interface that simplifies team collaboration.
- Expensive for larger teams.
- AI scheduling
- Collaborative task lists
- Project timelines
- Individual: $19 per month (annual), $34 (monthly)
- Team: $12 per user per month (annual), $20 per user (monthly)
Compatibility: Supports web and iOS platforms
Free trial: A 7-day free trial.
Best for: Large organizations looking to automate repetitive tasks.
Type of AI tool: Robotic Process Automation (RPA) platform.
UiPath's standout feature is its ability to create software robots that mimic human interactions with digital systems.
- Automates repetitive tasks, reducing manual effort.
- Facilitates process optimization through analytics.
- Scalable for various business sizes and needs.
- Setup and customization require technical expertise.
- Robotic process automation
- Workflow design
- Process mining
- Free access for personal use.
- Pro starting at $420/month.
- Enterprise with flexible service offerings (contact sales for pricing).
Compatibility: Offers various integrations with various business software and platforms.
Free trial: Free edition for individual users and small teams.
Best for: Small teams managing simple projects.
Type of AI tool: Task management and collaboration platform using Kanban-style boards.
Trello is a project management application catering to those looking for a visual way to manage projects. Its user-friendly interface makes it a go-to tool for project planning and collaboration.
The core feature of Trello is its Kanban framework, where tasks are organized into lists and cards. These customizable Kanban boards allow users to easily create a workflow that best fits each project.
The Atlassian Intelligence for Trello helps you create content for your card descriptions and comments. You can use it to generate new content and ideas, sharpen content you already have and make it concise, search for action items in your content, and enhance the quality of your content with spelling and grammar checks.
- Visual and intuitive interface.
- Highly customizable boards and cards.
- Real-time collaboration features.
- Integrates with a variety of other tools.
- Lacks advanced features for complex project management.
- Customizable boards
- Lists, and cards
- Deadline tracking
- File sharing
- Free: Basic features with limited boards.
- Standard: $5 per user per month (annually), offers advanced checklists and custom fields.
- Premium: $10 per user per month (annually), including timeline and dashboard views, plus automation.
- Enterprise: Pricing varies (advanced security and control features for larger teams).
Compatibility: Compatible with web browsers, iOS, Android, macOS, and Windows platforms.
Free trial: Free version with basic features.
Best for: Anyone needing writing assistance.
Type of AI tool: AI-powered writing assistant.
Grammarly is a writing assistance tool that enhances writing by checking for grammatical errors, improving style, and detecting plagiarism. Its intuitive interface makes it essential for improving writing across various contexts.
This tool is especially valuable for non-native English speakers and those looking to polish their writing for professional or academic purposes.
- Advanced grammar and style checking.
- Real-time writing feedback.
- Plagiarism detection feature.
- Premium features require a subscription.
- Real-time communication assistance
- Generative AI
- Writing enhancements
- Free: Basic grammar and spelling checks.
- Premium: $12 per month (annually), includes advanced checks and style suggestions.
- Business: $15 per member per month (annually), offers style guide and snippets for teams.
Compatibility: Compatible with web browsers, Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android platforms.
Free trial: Available with essential grammar and spelling checks.
Best for: Users within the Salesforce ecosystem.
Type of AI tool: AI-powered CRM platform
Salesforce Einstein is an AI-driven component of Salesforce. It can enhance user engagement through personalized experiences, smarter customer service, and optimized marketing strategies.
Salesforce Einstein is particularly beneficial for sales and marketing teams for leveraging data-driven insights.
- Enhances CRM with AI-driven insights and automation.
- Predicts customer behavior and recommends actions.
- Seamlessly integrates with Salesforce applications.
- Steep learning curve.
- Predictive analytics
- Personalized recommendations
- AI-driven task automation
- Custom AI model building
Pricing: $50 per user per month (annually).
Compatibility: Fully integrated with Salesforce, accessible via web and mobile applications.
Free trial: 30-day free Service Cloud trial
Best for: Anyone needing assistance with meeting transcription.
Type of AI tool: AI transcription and note-taking.
Otter.ai offers AI-driven solutions for capturing, transcribing, and summarizing meeting notes in real time.
Otter.ai Chat also allows live chatting with Otter and team members, which means instant answers to meeting-related questions.
- Real-time transcription and summarization.
- Live chat with AI and team members.
- Integration with popular meeting platforms.
- The free version has limited transcription minutes and file imports.
- AI meeting assistant
- Live AI chat
- Meeting transcription
- Integration with a wide range of meeting platforms
- Basic: Free, includes 300 monthly transcription minutes, 30 minutes per conversation, and 3 lifetime audio/video file imports.
- Pro: $16.99 per user per month, includes 1200 monthly transcription minutes, 90 minutes per conversation, and 10 audio/video file imports per month.
- Business: $35-$40 per user per month, offers 6000 monthly transcription minutes, 4 hours per conversation, and unlimited audio/video file imports.
Compatibility: Compatible with web browsers, iOS, and Android platforms
Free trial: Free Basic plan and 7-day trial for Business plan.
Motion – your team’s favorite AI productivity tool
AI productivity tools have changed the rules of the game.
Gone are the days of slogging through tedious, repetitive tasks that drain your team's energy and time.
Tools like Motion harness AI to boost productivity, allowing your team to focus on what truly matters. The key lies in choosing the right tool that simplifies your day, not complicates it.
Motion is that tool, with features that streamline scheduling and project management. Don't just take our word for it; try Motion's free 7-day trial and see the difference for yourself.