We're excited to introduce a new update to Motion's time tracking capabilities. This new feature addresses a common pain point: tracking and adjusting completed and remaining time for tasks.
As we listened how our users use Motion, a problem became clear: there was no straightforward method to say, "I've completed 2 hours on task X, and there are 5 hours remaining." Adjusting completed and remaining time for tasks is a clear and important need.
🕰️ Enhanced Time Tracking: Intuitive and Flexible Time Management
Now on your calendar, you’ll see two new options to start task now and add time to task. Motion will automatically track the time for the task until the task is stopped.
How time is tracked
Time is now tracked via the “Completed Time” field. When a task is started, Motion will automatically track the Completed Time. You’ll be able to set up how long you’ll be working on a task, add more time to the task, etc.
In addition, completed time will be part of the List and Kanban view, making planning and execution of projects easy and powerful.
This update is a game-changer for professionals and anyone looking to optimize their time management. With these enhancements, Motion is not just a tool; it's your partner in productivity, adapting to your workflow and helping you achieve more.
Stay tuned for further updates as we continue to evolve and address your needs. Try out these new features and experience the difference in your day-to-day task and project management with Motion.
📋 Duplicate task
- Tasks can now be duplicated in Motion
- Open any task and press
dand quickly duplicate a task
- Or click on the “…” menu and click “Duplicate Task”
🔎 Search tasks in lists and kanban
- You can now quickly search tasks in list view and kanban board by clicking on the 🔎 icon on the top left of the screen
- Typing in that field will quickly search through the visible tasks by name, assignee, project or label
- (global search coming soon!)
🔑 Login with email and password
- You no longer need a Google, Microsoft or Apple account to use motion, you can directly sign in with your email and password
- Furthermore, if you are the kind of person that doesn’t have too many meetings, in a few days, you will be able to use Motion without linking an external calendar.
- Login pages have been redesigned!
🙈 Hide empty groups
- When setting up your filters in List view and Kanban view you can now hide empty groups
- This should streamline your saved views to focus on what’s important
- In the “Group By” control, there’s now a toggle at the bottom that lets you hide empty groups
- Mobile UX revamp should now be rolled out to everyone. Please make sure to update your app
- Tasks can now be completed form the “past due” bottom sheet directly
- In the Projects view, tasks are now sorted better (status, start date, name)
- Fixed a bug in where notifications were not always showing up
- Unfit past-due tasks now render properly in the calendar
- Reminder tasks can now be completed
- Fixed performance issue where the add task button will become unresponsive if Motion was syncing calendar events
- Fixed bug where invites to non-main calendar on mobile could not be RSVPd
💪 Other features and improvements
- Fixes to Opt + Space keyboard shortcut to make it even more responsive
- Completed chunk status now shows up when you hover over the chunk indicator of a task
- The list view can now be fully navigated via keyboard, making bulk operations much easier
- Workhours can now be customized for all days, not just “today”
- ASAP tasks now are properly sorted at the top of the list view when sorting by deadline
- We now properly preserve the order of tasks when using a project template
- 5 minute tasks now render properly on the calendar
- Task actions are now accessible in the agenda view by right clicking any task
- Fixed keyboarding support for adding and removing filters
- Templates bug fixes and improvements