We're thrilled to announce a significant update that many of you have been eagerly awaiting. Yes, that's right - we're integrating iCloud Calendar into Motion!
Why is this a Big Deal?
We've heard your requests loud and clear. A substantial number of our users rely on iCloud for scheduling, and the inability to sync with Motion has been a sticking point. Well, not anymore! This integration means a more seamless experience for Apple device users, allowing full utilization of Motion's productivity features alongside your go-to calendar.
What's the Plan?
Our approach is straightforward: we'll implement the iCloud calendar the same way we did with Google and Microsoft. This familiarity ensures consistency within our platform, making the transition smooth and intuitive for our users.
You'll be able to start using Apple Calendars starting December 12!
So, How Will It Work?
Step 1: Easy Sign-In
We're introducing a "Sign in with Apple" option, making it super convenient for iPhone, iPad, and Mac Users to Sign into Motion.
Step 2: Adding Your iCloud Calendar
Regardless of your sign-in mode, you'll be able to add your iCloud Calendar directly from the app. And because the process differs slightly from Google and Microsoft, we'll provide a simple, step-by-step guide right there in the app.
Step 3: Sync and Select
After you've added your calendar, it's just a matter of syncing up and selecting which iCloud calendar you wish to display and manage in Motion. Plus, you'll get to choose if you want to set it as your primary calendar within the app.
A Streamlined View
Once everything's set up, your events will display neatly in your Motion calendar view. If iCloud is your main calendar, all events and tasks will sync just as they do with Google and Microsoft. And for clarity, your iCloud calendars will be clearly labeled, making navigation a breeze.
We're just as excited as you are! This update is all about making Motion more inclusive and user-friendly, ensuring everyone can maximize their productivity without sacrificing convenience.
Here’s a video walkthrough of the changes:
Other Updates in this release
🎉 New Features:
- Add schedule and start date cells for task list view in the Project Management tab
- When viewing a task, we now have a “View project” button to take the user directly to the project list view
🐞 Bug Fixes:
- Fixes when navigating to specific views and making updates to them
- We now filter out members who have left the workspace
- Can now properly unfix a fixed time task
- Recurring tasks couldn’t be updated in some situations; this has been fixed
- Users were not able to create a recurring task that only repeats on the last day of each month
- When creating a task from email, we now properly set the email subject to the task title
- Sometimes after creating a task auto reschedule wouldn’t run